Thursday, July 16, 2009

1/3 of the way there. Almost.



The girls are 6 weeks old and doing well. We are a third of the way through to laying age. Lunch has all her feathers. Dinner is nearly there and Breakfast is catching up rapidly. If they were meat birds they would be nearly 7lbs now and ready for your dinner table. I can't imagine them growing any faster than they are.

Lunch and Dinner are very friendly. They fight over who is going to sit on my head and who is going to get my shoulder. Breakfast is at the bottom of the pecking order but she is trying. The larger two are still working it out. (No, that's not an Armenian man in the picture, it's me. I'm taking the picture myself, but I couldn't take a good photo if my life depended on it).



My father built a secure screen for their door and two roosts. One for the run and the other for inside the coop. They sleep on the indoor roost at night. They probably don't need heat from the light at night anymore. We'll put a little nightlight in there for the next week or two, then they can go without until the days start getting shorter.





Our baby robins have hatched. There are at least two babies. I thought I saw a third, but I'm not sure.


We got eaten alive at the beach last night. Otherwise it was quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment